The 2018 WSCOS has been rescheduled from June to October 22 & 23, 2018. We apologize for the inconvenience. Registration was low and this subject is too important to be missed. We will work throughout the summer to re-confirm the speakers & trainings, then begin marketing this conference/training opportunity to new audiences. Thank you for your understanding.
Eventbrite will be issuing refunds for WSCOS conference registration fees.
safeTALK training is still available on June 22, please email Nina for more information: email@example.com.
QPR Train-the-Trainer is available for self-home study here.
SPAN Idaho is hosting the Idaho Suicide Prevention Conference on August 2 in Boise, more information here. If you are intersted in CAMS-care training, please start by attending this conference to hear from Dr. Jobes, developer of CAMS-care.
Please send any questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration Coming Soon
Boise State University | 1910 West University Drive | Jordan Ballroom | Boise, ID 83725
monday, October 22 & tuesday, October 23, 2018
Registration & Coffee Service: 7:30 - 8:45 am, Conference begins: 8:45, Lunch: 12:15 pm, Close: 5:00 pm
The 4th annual WSCOS conference will take place this year at Boise State University and will build on the successes of the 3 previous conferences. Participants will leave the conference with a better knowledge of how they impact prevention, models of success and resiliency, and how each can implement facets from the conference into their own lives and professions. The conference focus is on the power of storytelling and gatekeeping. There will also be a focus on innovative models that are rural based and help to share best practices for serving rural veterans and/or employing transitioning military personnel to the rural health care field.
- CEUs will be available as will one Professional Development credit for educators. More information on registering for credit to come.
- Idaho Suicide Prevention Coalition Members receive 30% off WSCOS registration. Click here become a member, please allow 48 hours to receive registation code: https://www.idahospc.org/membership/
- Volunteers who are able to offer 4 hours or more are eligible to receive 50% off conference registration. Click here to volunteer, please allow 48 hours to receive registation code: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0a4ba8a628a4fc1-wscos
Please register for the morning conference session as well as the afternoon training session/s that you would like to participate in.
Monday & Tuesday Mornings - Conference
Conference ticket covers parking, coffee service, lunch, and Nationally recognized speakers for both mornings.
Conference speakers include:
- Dr. Sally Spencer-Thomas, International Mental Health and Suicide Prevention Impact Entrepreneur
- Dr. Caitlin Ryan, Family Acceptance Project
- Dr. Nathaniel Mohatt, Rocky Mountain MIRECC for VA Suicide Prevention
- Misty Vaughan Allen, Nevada State Suicide Prevention Coordinator
- Emma Arnold, Local Commedian
- Local School Programming Panel
- Local First Responder Panel
Friday & Saturday Afternoons - Training (see website for full training descriptions)
- safeTALK Training (Fri)
- The Power of Storytelling Workshop (Sat)
- Adult Mental Health First Aid Training (2-part on Fri & Sat)
- Youth Mental Health First Aid Training (2-part on Fri & Sat)
- QPR Train-the-Trainer (2-part on Fri & Sat)
- CAMs Care Training (2-part on Fri & Sat)
Evening Activities - Locations TBD
- Suicide Prevention Advocate Mixer - Sunday
- Certified Trainers Summit & Networking Dinner - Monday
- Suicide the Ripple Effect Film Screening - Tuesday
*Need a min number of attendees to hold the activity.
We welcome you to use the Idaho Suicide Prevention Coalition's "good neighbor rate" of $169/night at the Residence Inn - Boise Downtown.
Boise State University - Jordan Ballroom
1700 West University Drive
Boise, ID 83725
Parking in the Lincoln Garage is provided with registration. A code will be emailed to you a week before the conference.
This conference could not be possible without the support of our conference attendees and sponsors.
To receive information about the 2019 WSCOS, please make sure to sign up for our newsletter.